Top 5 Pitfalls to Avoid When Trying to Attract Love
There are so many practical dating tips and advice available online for dating and relationships. Some of the relationship dating techniques are quite good and useful, but most of them focus on the external action and totally disregard the internal world. When you are looking for love, make sure you avoid these pitfalls that block your attraction magnet.
1. Deadline Mentality – This is a big one for my clients who tend to be over thirty-five and never married. They claim that their biological clock is ticking and time is running out. If you have a deadline to meeting your man, you will always have an underlying tension or anxiety. When you hold this tension, you are really telling your subconscious mind that he is not coming. You end up falling for someone too quickly or place high demands on your potential mate when you first meet that drives him away. Remember that power attracts and force repels. Trying to force it to happen unnaturally will have the opposite effect. When you relax and step into your power, you will be magnetic for love.
2. Hating Being Single – Do you see yourself as a failure because you haven’t met the right person yet? Do you think less of yourself when your friends get attention from men than you? There is an old adage that says, “What we resist, persists.” Embrace your singleness knowing that it is just temporary. Enjoy the freedom because a relationship changes everything. Know that you are just as wonderful with or without a man. Waiting for a man to come rescue you is giving away your personal power. Reclaim your power and find another hobby besides finding a man and trust that the right guy will see your beautiful self soon enough.
3. Unfinished Business – You cannot step into a new reality without letting go of the old reality. Most people drag their past along with them and wonder why they keep getting the same results. Release past ties including your emotional connection to failed relationships. Get over your ex and clean up your relationships with your parents (whether they are still here or passed on). Forgiveness is a powerful tool to stop punishing yourself with anger and regret. Start today with a clean slate and watch a new experience in relationships blossom for you.
4. Inaction or Wrong action – Dating Mr. Wrongs until the right one shows up or not dating at all gives you the same result. Your actions are powerful in giving your subconscious mind direction as to what you want. If you continue to date men that mistreat you, use you or aren’t right for you, you reinforce the idea that “this is all I deserve” in your subconscious mind. No matter how clever you rationalize or justify your behavior on the conscious level, the subconscious will take your actions more than words. If you refuse to date at all, the same effect occurs. Ask yourself, what would a woman who totally believes that love is possible do? Be her and watch what happens.
5. Looking Back – Many singles expect their future reality to be like their current and past reality (lonely and single). What you expect tends to happen and people often build their expectations based on what occurred before in their life. This keeps you in a cycle of thinking “it will never happen” and that is the result you will get. Train your mind to look forward to unlimited possibilities. Visualize yourself in love with your dream man every single day. Engage the feeling as if it has already happened. Use self-hypnosis visualization programs if you need a voice to guide you. This will not only help you stay focused on the possibility of love and increase your attraction magnet, but visualizing success always feels so good. Why wait to feel great when you can start right now in the privacy of your own mind.
Don’t leave your dating desires up to fate. You can expedite your true love’s arrival by just adjusting your thinking and belief system and staying in action that is in alignment with your goal. If you are not sure what is blocking you, just check inside to your divine self and ask what you need to do. The power is right inside of you.