How ready are you for love?
So many people tell me that they are looking for love, but many of them are not really ready to be romanced by the love of their life. Here are some quick questions to ask yourself if you wonder if you are really ready for love:
1. Have you dated enough? Some people have not gone out on many dates and want Mr. Right to magically appear. The dating ritual is a great way to warm-up for your true romance. If you rush into marriage too soon, eventually one day you will be wondering what you missed out on. Get dating out of your system.
2. Did you just break-up from a serious relationship? If you have just ended a relationship or gone through a bad breakup, you must heal inside before you go out and find love again. If you don’t, you risk running into the same mistakes that caused the previous relationship to fail. Give yourself time to heal the wounds, don’t look for someone to heal them for you.
3. Do you know what you are looking for? This is huge. Many singles go out searching for Mr. Wonderful but have no clue what their dream person is like. They blindly search for the magical feeling of love in every shape and size, disregarding the basic requirements they need to have a long-lasting relationship with someone. Go inside and write a list of your top ten qualities that you absolutely must-have in a partner. Focus on that list every day and you will find it easier to weed through the bachelors and find the one that is perfect for you.
4. Do you hold grudges from the past? Holding resentment to old lovers, family members and friends can have a devastating effect on your dating life. You won’t help but project those unresolved issues on to future partners and may just push the right one for you away. Clear the clutter from the past to make room for a new future.
5. Do you completely love and adore yourself? If the answer to this question is “no,” than maybe you need to do a little more inner work before venturing out to attract your mate. Whatever you feel about yourself is the type of person you will attract. Thinking you are not good enough attracts men who will constantly disappoint you and break your heart. Do some confidence boosting techniques and build up your self-esteem. Feeling great and powerful will attract a wonderful partner who adores you.
For more tips, join me for my free teleseminar “Are you ready to meet your man?” on Tuesday, October 28, 2009 at 9pm ET. Sign-up here.