Confident people have trouble with love too.
Some men and women know that their insecurities hold them back from finding love but they often ask me why do some other people who have more baggage than me have a husband? Still others tell me that they feel confident and are perplexed as to why relationships are still problematic. While many of the root issues with heartache involve lower confidence, not all blocks to love are about self-esteem.
It is true that having a strong sense of self-worth will lead to healthier relationships and that is the most important element to work on whether you are single or married. After working with me privately and through my audios, some customers and clients tell me that they feel a lot better about themselves but some still cannot find the one. I had the same experience. I felt greater confidence but was still single. That is why in my book, LET LOVE IN, I don’t only focus on your thinking but also about clearing other barriers to finding true love. I discovered what was holding me back and here are some blocks that may also relate to you:
- You do not have a clear picture of what you are looking for in a mate. You should not settle, but look for what is really important to you instead of the material such as looks, education and financial status. Visualize the feeling of having a healthy relationship and get in alignment with true love.
- Emotional availability. Some people do not open up immediately to a potential partner either because they are taking it slow or they just don’t know how to be open-hearted with others. Many times this is the way the child learned how to relate. You cannot attract a romantic amazing partner and have a wall up at the same time. If you have a wall, you will most likely attract those who have walls as well.
- Unresolved resentment and anger. You can be the most confident woman or man, but if you hold resentment about something that happened to you in the past, you may project that on to potential mates without knowing it. People can hear anger and bitterness in your voice. Maybe this is the reason that you don’t get asked out on a second date.
- Impatience. Some singles do my program want the person to show up immediately and get impatient. Many times the ideal partner surfaces right away, but sometimes the person that would fit with them the best is not ready for them yet. In my case, Roberto didn’t move to Colorado until two months before we met. I couldn’t have met him sooner and I am so glad I waited. The antidote to impatience is trust and faith.
- Staying inside your comfort zone. Try new ways to meet people and be open to different type of partner. I often tell my clients to “shake things up” because what you are doing right now has not been working. Romantic relationships can be complicated and will definitely challenge you. If you find that you are staying inside a comfort zone, you may have a hidden fear of finding that special someone which is the biggest block of all.
Of course, there are countless reasons why your dream person has not arrived in your life yet, but don’t give up hope or think something is wrong with you because of lack of results. Remember, you won’t see your ideal partner coming. One day you will be single, and the next moment you will be a part of a new romance. Keep the faith and do all you can do today to take care of yourself and continue to prepare for the most amazing love of your life.